Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Project 365 for 2019






2018 was definitely a favorite and I know 2019 is so much more of that. Making a Project 365 about being grateful because I believe that 2019 is gonna be my year and what’s a better way than documenting it? Let’s see something good in every day.

Day 1 (Jan 1) :: Korean dinner with Jackie. My first meal of the day because I slept the whole afternoon after having my night duty at Ophthalmology department, followed by shifting to Department of Pediatrics. Cheers to more good meals this 2019!


Day 2 (Jan 2) : It’s my first on-duty at Department of Pediatrics, my 4th rotation this internship. Yes, I’m halfway done! I was at PICU for almost the entire day. I had one toxic patient with Osteosarcoma. Wait, let me tell you this, I HATE CANCER, especially this type. When I was a clerk, I had 2 deck patients with Osteosarcoma. The first one accidentally fell off a jeepney and the other one accidentally bumped her shoulder at a door. The pain was unrelenting. A mass grew and voila. a leg and an arm needs to be gone. I can still vividly remember the first patient, how she had so much positivity amidst her situation. Her Faith was remarkable. She was discharged around June and I saw her again around December but she became too thin, pale and weak. The moment I knew she was admitted again, I ran to her bed and asked if how was she and if she still remembers me. “Oo naman, doc guia”, she answered. She became a friend. I will always miss her and I know she’s now happier with the Lord.

Here’s a quote found at PICU. Now, ask yourself, do you have the capacity to care?



No comments:

Post a Comment